Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, December 13, 2013

I Feared being alone..



I feared being alone



until I learned to like myself.


I feared failure


until I realized that I only fail when I don't try.


I feared success


until I realized that I had to try in order to be happy with myself.

I feared people's opinions


until I learned that people would have opinions about me anyway.

I feared rejection


until I learned to have faith in myself.

I feared pain


until I learned that it's necessary for growth.

I feared the truth


until I saw the ugliness in lies.


I feared life


until I experienced its beauty.



I feared death



until I realized that it's not an end, 
but a beginning.



I feared my destiny,


until I realized that I had the power to change my life.


I feared hate


until I saw that it was nothing more than ignorance.


I feared love


until it touched my heart, 

making the darkness fade into endless 
sunny days.


I feared ridicule


until I learned 
how to laugh 
at myself.


I feared growing old


until I realized that I gained wisdom every day.


I feared the future


until I realized that life just kept getting better.


I feared the past


until I realized that it could no longer hurt me.


I feared the dark


until I saw the beauty of the star light.


I feared the light


until I learned that the truth would give me strength.


I feared change,


until I saw that even the most beautiful butterfly had to under gometamorphosis 
before it could fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...